The Martin Luther King, Jr. Family Outreach @ ECCC improves the quality of life for children, youth and families in Spokane through an array of culturally responsive educational and social services within the framework of Dr. King’s vision of equal respect, treatment and accessibility for all people. To achieve this mission, the Center:
- Provides a free, state-funded Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP), a preschool programs for eligible families
- Fosters strong families through innovative parenting education programs by providing on-site and in-home visitation
- Provides affordable, high-quality after school and summer learning programs for children and teenagers
- Promotes youth development through job training skills and teen leadership programs
- Supports community involvement by providing corporate and individual volunteer opportunities
- Promotes diversity by ensuring programs and services are culturally responsive
- Promotes the values of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. by building a culturally diverse community with services and programs free of discrimination and accessible to all.