The Martin Luther King, Jr. Family Outreach Center has many volunteer opportunities for individuals and businesses in Spokane. Your time is a valuable resource for the Center and we welcome the opportunity to share your talents with our children and families.
Reasons to volunteer
- Gain experience – Expand your professional experience, develop organization and leadership skills, and build your resume
- Make friends – Meet fellow Spokane community members who share an interest in community well-being
- Strengthen the community – Build a tight-knit community and reinforce the ties between local businesses and residents
Ways to volunteer
- Computer Lab Volunteer – flexible schedule working with children and adults in our mobile computer lab
- Reading mentor – Help increase literacy and strengthen their desire to learn by reading stories to our children
- Homework tutor – Help children successfully complete homework assignments in our after-school programs
- Guest presenter/speaker – Share your interests, hobbies or career story with our children as a guest speaker.
- Facilities and grounds work – Help maintain the Center’s building and facilities by doing yard work, gardening, minor repairs, and painting projects
- Click here to download our Volunteer Application.
- Click here to download our Background Check form (required of all volunteers wishing to work with or around children on a continuing basis).
- Call 509-455-8722 to arrange a Volunteer Orientation session (between 30-60 minutes in length).
Reasons to get your employees involved
- Increase company visibility in the community
- Attract dedicated, high-quality employees
- Build teamwork and morale among employees
- Make a positive difference in the community
“Corporate volunteering directly translates to a healthier bottom line for your business. Research indicates that socially responsible companies are more attractive to both consumers and to employees” – Spokane County United Way
If you have a volunteer idea that you would like to contribute to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Family Outreach Center, please let us know. We’d be happy to have you share your time and talent with us. For more information about volunteer opportunities, please contact Freda Gandy, Executive Director at 509-455-8722 ext. 211.